Through COS, we strive to:
- Increase and exchange knowledge in the field of oncology.
- Promote the application of such knowledge in the prevention and diagnosis of cancer and the care of cancer patients and their families.
- Promote interdisciplinary approaches to patient care and research in cancer.
- Provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of scientific knowledge and advances in oncology.
- Advocate appropriate oncologic content in the curricula of universities, colleges, and schools and in the programs of other training and educational bodies and organizations.
- Further continuing education for groups and individuals involved in the care of patients who require special attention.
- Support public cancer education programs.
- Support and assist the Canadian Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute of Canada in their programs and activities and communicate and exchange information with other organizations interested in cancer.
- Advise government and other agencies on the provision of health services relevant to oncology.